Complete Hormones™ is our most comprehensive urinary hormone test, designed to assist in the clinical management of hormone-related conditions. This hormone test assesses parent hormones, their metabolites, and key metabolic pathways, providing information about the impact that shifting hormone levels can have in men (andropause or male menopause) and women (perimenopause/menopause), producing symptoms such as:
Low sex drive and performance issues
Why use the Complete Hormones profile?
In conventional hormone testing, basic parent hormones are usually measured in blood. However, urinary hormone testing with Complete Hormones provides several advantages:
- Urinary hormone testing provides a more comprehensive look at hormone metabolism
- Emerging research reinforces the potential relationship of disease risk with downstream metabolites, especially those of the 4-hydroxylation estrogen pathway, which are not routinely measured in blood or salivary testing
- Evaluation of stress-hormone metabolic pathways provides an indicator of balance between anabolic and catabolic metabolism
- Offers convenient, at-home collection of a first-morning or 24-hour specimen
Imbalanced hormone production affects a wide range of body functions, producing symptoms that negatively affect the quality of life and may increase the risk for hormone-related diseases. Identification and targeted treatment of hormonal imbalances using customized hormone and/or nutritional therapies improves symptoms,quality of life, and may reduce disease risk.
While the Complete Hormones profile is the most comprehensive profile, Genova also offers smaller sub-panels that assess a more select set of urine-hormone biomarkers, allowing for targeted initial assessment as well as follow-up testing to monitor therapy response and/or to check levels of previously abnormal results. For more information on these sub-panels, please click on these links:
- Essential Estrogens – a focused evaluation of estrogen metabolism, including parent hormones, metabolites, and key ratios
- Estrogen Metabolism Assessment – a focused measurement of specific hydroxyestrogens, providing a rapid, convenient way of assessing the balance between two estrogen biomarkers (2/16 ratio)
Complete Hormones; 24 hrs urine:END23
1 x urine sample